Friday, October 23, 2009

Diana Gabaldon

A couple of evenings ago the Alix Goolden Hall in Victoria hosted a reading by Diana Gabaldon, author of the award-winning Outlander series. The Hall was packed with her adoring fans, everyone anxious to catch a glimpse of beautiful Diana and to hear her speak. She spoke of and read an excerpt from her latest novel "An Echo In the Bone". My daughter and her two friends were so excited to see her in person and to have their books signed. I don't know how this woman keeps up with such a busy schedule and how she managed to sign so many books! It was a fun evening out with my daughter and I did buy Diana's latest novel. I look forward to my quiet time with An Echo In the Bone, nestled by the fireside with my hot cocoa. Here are a couple of pictures from that evening. I will mention here that there are some interesting upcoming events at the the Alix Goolden Hall, especially for the Christmas season. It is an elegant, and not too large, venue for hosting special events and concerts in the Victoria region - and also has a very nice 'warm' ambiance. Thank you. Michelle



Diana Gabaldon

Danielle and Diana - book signing

Alix Goolden Performance Hall

2 comments:

Deborah at Kilbourne Grove said...

I love this series. I still have to buy the book, however I think that I am going to have to reread all the books again (such a hardship). It has been so lond since the last one, I can't remember how it ended.
Oh, and welcome to Blotanical.

Michelle said...

Thank you for the welcome Deborah and nice to meet you!I am looking forward to the Botanical site - this will encourage me to take more pictures too. Thanks again. Michelle

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...