Saturday, October 17, 2009

Autumn's Rainy Day Delight

Today was a wet autumn day, we received quite a sprinkling these past two days. Regardless of the rain and white sky, I was drawn outdoors with my camera to capture a few photos in our yard. The colours of the trees are so beautiful this time of year and it would be a shame to miss a minute of their beauty. I was reminded of Spring where flowers provide their showy colours, but instead the leaves on the trees provide this spectacular show. I will post a few photos from today which I would like to share - but I am really hoping for blue skies where I can venture further afield to take more pictures. Vancouver Island is such a beautiful place to live and I hope that we can all take some time in our busy lives to spend outdoors - get away from our computers and indoors (parting from our computer is difficult at times, I know!). Michelle


















"I am rich today with autumn's gold,
All that my covetous hands can hold;
Frost-painted leaves and goldenrod,
A goldfinch on a milkweed pod,
Huge golden pumpkins in the field
With heaps of corn from a bounteous yield,
Golden apples heavy on the trees
Rivaling those of Hesperides,
Golden rays of balmy sunshine spread
Over all like butter on warm bread;
And the harvest moon will this night unfold
The streams running full of molten gold.
Oh, who could find a dearth of bliss
With autumn glory such as this!"
- Gladys Harp

2 comments:

Gill Bailey said...

Great photography Mich! Reminds me that I need to get snapping too, because of the lousy weather I haven't ventured out much. There are some really great colours captured here

Canarybird said...

Oh how I do miss seeing those colourful autumn leaves and smelling the rain on a chilly day! Lovely photos and blog entry Michey!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...