Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Palmy West Coast

Well, it is June 1st today. May disappeared into a wet and misty blur. We had a very wet month here on the 'wet' coast of B.C. The rain was needed and the plants are thriving and growing quickly because of so much rain, mist and occasional outburst of sunshine. I took some pictures of our Windmill Palm today (Trachycarpus Fortunei), it is so pretty and has a thick mat of yellow fluffy flowers - quite a lovely sight - it looks like a thick knitted woolly sweater wrapped around the tree's neck. Here are my pictures from today of our west coast palm.

Happy June 1st to everyone and thank you for stopping by to visit me. Michelle











4 comments:

Sheila said...

Hello Michelle - I have never seen a Palm tree in bloom before. It's beautiful. I sure hope that June iwll be a month of warmer weather for you I have been hearing all about it from my sister. The West Coast is so spectacular though and your garden is amazing! Sunshine Always!

Heather at Dusty Bay said...

Happy June to you too, Michelle. Fingers crossed - it's GOTTA get nicer, eh?

Stephanie said...

Wow, imagine that, a palm tree in BC. I, too, have never seen one in bloom and it is very pretty. June is starting to feel like Junember (November in June). Not sure if you remember two years ago how cold June was. I hope the weather improves soon.

tennisjazz said...

good photos.
my windmill palm has lots of these too; they're called inflorescences. i searched the web to see if they were edible (they look sort of edible) but couldn't find anything conclusive.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...