Sunday, March 28, 2010

Tatlow's Blossoms

There is a quaint country road in our area that is a magical sight at this time of year with its pale pink blossoms, willows and white picket fence line. It is a distraction for anyone driving alongside the stand of trees where the branches are dripping in a haze of pale, almost white, blossoms. The trees are maturing and each year their show is more magnificent. I drove through this fairy-like road a few days ago and stopped to admire the view. I stood underneath one of the trees, immersed in a cloud of pale pink and white, it was beautiful! I was so happy to hear the buzzing of bees, busy at work, as I have not heard this sound for a couple of years, possibly due to the reduction in the bee population. This is a magical time of year and the beauty of nature causes me to sometimes reflect on life and the life-cycle, the seasons and the ebb and flow of nature. As the ocean, the tides roll in and roll out, the seasons roll in gracefully with renewed energy and beauty during spring and summer and roll back out during the onset of winter, only to repeat the cycle year after year. We are sad when the blossoms fall, or when the colourful autumn leaves fall to the ground - leaving a dark, barren-like environment, where life-force suddenly disappears. Rest assured, the life-force is still there and is preparing for a new year ahead.










6 comments:

Penelope Notes said...

You captured the soft pink petals exceptionally well. I took similar pictures the other day and found my results washed out and failing to show the magnificence of the pink clouds. It was a Spring moment likely gone by this morning after the heavy overnight wind and rain. But I will take into account your nicely expressed thoughts on “the life-force preparing for the year ahead”.

Stephanie said...

Breathtaking photos of these blossoms, Michelle! There are some trees that are blossoming here however not as abundant in these types of three here where I live. I must dig up the ones I had taken from Vancouver when I lived there.

Laura said...

Your photos and mosaics are beautiful. I especially like that last photo of the pink blossoms. Are they apple trees?

Michelle said...

Hello and thank you for your comments. These beautiful trees are cherry blossoms, they are a soft pink and look so amazing! These pictures don't show their true beauty. Happy Easter everyone! Michelle

Anonymous said...

Amazing ! I would have loved to walk under this fairy arch. The nature give us so much treasures when we open our eyes to see them.
Have a nice week and thank you for stopping by my blogs and for leaving a comment.

Hélène - France
www.artglehen.fr
www.artglehen.blogspot.com

leslie said...

GORGEOUS photographs Michelle -I love reading through your blog as it is "home"!
xoxo to you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...